In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
- Lakeshore Animal Friends Provides spay/neuter certificates to all animals adopted out from Animal Control. Rescues dogs and cats that are housed at Mason County Animal Control and puts them into foster homes, taking care of all their medical needs, including spay/neutering. 231-843-1414, 231-845-5550
- Fixing Furry Friends Provides certificates to Mason County residents who have dogs and cats to help with some of the cost of spaying and neutering their companion animals. 231-757-9219
- Community Cats TNR Their mission is to reduce and control population growth of free-roaming cats and provide a better quality of life for them. Provides assistance to caregivers who provide food, water and shelter to feral, homeless and free roaming cats by trapping, neutering and returning cats for continued care. 231-845-7888
- Second Chance Humane Society Making Mason County MI a No-Kill community, one cat and dog at a time. Provides age appropriate vaccinations, worm medicine, flea treatment, spay/neutering and medical vet care for the animals that are in our foster program before being adopted into forever homes. Rescues at risk dogs and cats from Animal Control. Helps abandoned, displaced and unwanted companion animals when situations arise. 231-757-9219
- Mason County Mutts Their mission is to make Mason County more dog friendly through community oriented projects, education and animal welfare. 231-794-2757
- Mason County Animal Control Visit MCAC if you need a dog license, found a lost pet, have lost a pet or just want to visit with the animals they have. 231-843-8644; 305 N Meyers Rd, Ludington
- Choosing a new puppy
This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems
Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house-soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- National Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
We are currently using the Arthrex Tightrope System to repair Anterior Cruciate Ligament injuries