After Hours Emergency Services
Veterinary emergencies may occur at any time, day or night. Rest assured that you will ALWAYS be able to consult with a veterinary professional 24/7. We partner with Animal Hospital of Ludington and Parkdale Animal Hospital, in Manistee, as well as, two 24 hour care facilities: Bay Area Pet Hospital in Traverse City and Animal Emergency Hospital in Grand Rapids.
For after-hours urgent care, here are the steps to take:
- Please call 231-843-9073 where you will be directed to our answering service, GuardianVets.
- GuardianVets is staffed by veterinary professionals who will discuss the problems your pet is experiencing. They will help you determine if this is an emergency or something that can wait until regular office hours.
- If together, you and the GuardianVets team feel that it is safe to wait until regular office hours, please call our office at 8:00AM the next business day for an appointment.
- If together, you and the GuardianVets team feel that your pet should be seen on emergency:
- Monday through Thursday, after regular business hours until 10:00PM, GuardianVets will assist you in contacting a veterinarian from Veterinary Medical Center, Animal Hospital of Ludington or Parkdale Animal Hospital.
- Starting Friday at 5:00PM through Monday morning at 8:00AM, 10:00PM through 8:00AM on a weekday, or all day on a holiday, GuardianVets will assist you in contacting one of the 24 hour care facilities in Traverse City or Grand Rapids.
You are not alone in your emergency situation. Please understand that emergency veterinary care is ALWAYS available to you when you need it. However, this care may occur at one of the 24 hour care facilities depending on when the emergency occurs or the severity of the situation.